01 May 2010

graveyard shift

Right now I am working a 12 hr graveyard shift. You can go ahead and feel sorry for me but it's not so bad (I am only 3 hrs into it) Night shifts are a little easier in that there is not as much to do but you do have to keep yourself awake.

Andrew left me this weekend... for a guys trip (his dad and bro) to Moab. That's one of the main factors why I am working a night shift--my boss wanted me to and I get scared sleeping all alone in my crazy neighborhood. I'll tell you about my nueva mexico/bronx neighborhood some other time.

Last monday on the one beautiful day of April Andrew picked me up from work and we went mountain biking in Immigration canyon and then to the U because this is all right behind my work. It was so beautiful and so much fun! We saw a snake. Those of you who know me well know that I bruise really easily. Well my legs were black and blue after this bike ride b/c of the stupid metal pedals. Also b/c I had a bad fall on my road bike the week before. whoops.
Anyways, we are planning on hiking/biking the hundreds of trails to choose from. I am excited!


Ha. That's my husband. He can be weird.
If I HAD to live in Utah for a while (other than right now) I would live in Federal Heights. And yes I know you have to be a millionaire or more to do this. We're getting close.

snakkeee



Helmets are not flattering. but if i did not wear one I could really hurt myself and i would owe my dad $15.

Grayson plays lacrosse for BYU. Andrew and I made an effort to go to most of them (my parents bought us season tickets---thanks mom and dad) He played really well. He got pretty good playing time, especially for being a freshman! Whenever he got on the field, ANdrew and I would cheer really loudly. We are funny.







I think Andrew felt bad for leaving me so he had flowers waiting for me in a blender when I got home from work and he had already left. How sweet. (don't worry mom I cut the stems some and made it look good. I'll take another picture.

2 comments:

The Walkers said...

You would probably hate being a track runner's wife. Lance is gone all the time :) But I guess you just get used to it. The biking looks like lots of fun!

Jana said...

You guys look like you're having an absolutely blast! What a fun life you have!!!